The 11th Annual Brewpub Shootout is over!
There were 12 participants this year (with the area Rock Bottoms pairing up in North/South and East/West teams; two scheduled brewpubs couldn’t make it at the last minute due to extenuating circumstaces) and the usual sellout of some three hundred CBS members. Awards are presented in three categories (Favorite Beer, Favorite Food, Favorite Beer/Food Pairing) , with the top three in each taking home an attractive trophy. The attendees vote and submit their ballots before the event is over and the awards were presented near the end of the event.
To see what you missed, check out the program (PDF) listing all of the featured beers and food items.
By the way, the awards as announced at the Shootout were presented as 1,2,3 when they should have been 3,2,1. So, the list below is correct and apologies to all for the mix-up. The 1st and 3rd place plaques will be swapped at the February meeting of the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild. We promise to be much more careful about this next year!
11th Annual Chicagoland Brewpub Shootout Awards:
1. Rock Bottom E/W (Chicago & Warrenville) – Seared Kobe Beef Medallions with Andouille Potatoes, Spinach, Balsamic-Chipotle Glaze, Tomato Emulsion and crispy carrots.
2. Gordon Biersch – Ahi Tuna marinated in Sriracha, soy sauce, toasted black and white sesame seeds. Served on a fried wonton topped with namasu.
3. Rock Bottom N/S (Orland Park & Lombard) – Seared Barley-Encrusted Lamb Chop and Porter Marinated Sea Scallop served atop Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro-Lime Pesto and Chipotle Mango Sauce, topped with crispy onion slivers and fried carrot strings.
1. America’s Brewing – Bol Le Hautes Terres with Peat Smoked Scotch Ale.
2. Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery – Killer Chocolate Silk Tart with Killer Kapowski Baltic Porter.
3. Rock Bottom E/W (Chicago & Warrenville) – Seared Kobe Beef Medallions with Andouille Potatoes, Spinach, Balsamic-Chipotle Glaze, Tomato Emulsion and crispy carrots. Paired with CBS Düsseldorf Alt.
As always, this was a spectacular event. Thanks to all of the Brewpubs, Brewers, Chefs and their Assistants for coming out to support us. And, of course, thanks to our great members who continue to make the Shootout such a popular and enjoyable day.