Chicago Beer Society is celebrating entering our 40th year of continuously connecting great people with great beer. The Chicago Beer Society was founded in 1977 as a nonprofit educational association dedicated to the appreciation of beer. We are one of the country’s oldest, largest, and respected beer organizations. Our membership includes a diverse group of people united by a love for craft beer and the art of brewing. If you are 21 or over and share our passion, please Join us, BECOME A MEMBER NOW!
Great Beer Events
In every month, in every season of the year, CBS
offers a chance to gather with friends and experience
America’s beer renaissance head on. To put it mildly, we’ve got a lot of stuff going on.
Our events include:
- Chicagoland Brewpub & Microbrewery Shootout (April 27, 2019), the region’s premier beer and food event.
- Day of the Living Ales (March), a celebration of real ales featuring 40+ casks.
- Big Brew A chance for homebrewers to get together and brew and help answer questions for those looking to brew. Outdoors, rain or shine. (May 6th Rain or Shine!)
- Curds & Ale – a celebration pairing craft beer & artisan cheese (with some sweet surprises!)
- Day Trip to Madison’s Great Taste of the Midwest (August), board one of two chartered buses for a splendid day at one of the country’s best beer festivals.
- Umpteenth Annual Picnic (September), featuring an amazing beer selection and hotly-contested food competitions. This is a ticketed event, open only to Chicago Beer Society members and their guests.
- Spooky Brew Review Homebrew Competition (October 26th). Spooky 2019 currently in planning stages but will be returning to Motor Row Brewing on Oct 26. Stay tuned for more details.
- Fall Tasting & Dinner (November/December), held annually since 1977, the country’s oldest ongoing blind tasting where the public picks the winners.
- First Thursdays and other Social Nights: CBS (1996 AHA Homebrew Club of the Year, runner-up in 1997 and 1998) hosts a homebrewers gathering on the First Thursday of every month. Traditionally these meetups take place at Goose Island Clybourn, but due to ongoing renovations we’re taking the show on the road to visit some of our favorite breweries in the city. Check the upcoming schedule for more information.
- The Third Wednesday of each month is our regular social night at Map Room, one of the country’s best beer bars.