Our events include:
NOTE: due to health & safety requirements in place during the COVID-19 pandemic, all events are on-hold (or “virtual” ) until further notice.
- JANUARY: Chicagoland Brewpub & Microbrewery Shootout, the region’s premier beer and food pairing event.
- MARCH: Day of the Living Ales , a celebration of real ales featuring 40+ casks.
- MAY: Big Brew A chance for homebrewers to get together and brew and help answer questions for those looking to brew. Outdoors, rain or shine.
- JULY: Hazy Days of Summer outdoor festival & competition celebrating all things hazy!
- AUGUST: Day Trip to Madison’s Great Taste of the Midwest (August), board one of two chartered buses for a splendid day at one of the country’s best beer festivals.
- SEPTEMBER: Umpteenth Annual Picnic (September), featuring an amazing beer selection and hotly-contested food competitions. This is a ticketed event, open only to Chicago Beer Society members and their guests.
- OCTOBER: Spooky Brew Review Homebrew Competition (October). Spooky 2019 currently in planning stages but will be returning to Motor Row Brewing on Oct 26. Stay tuned for more details.
- NOVEMBER: Fall Tasting & Dinner, held annually since 1977, the country’s oldest ongoing blind tasting where the public picks the winners.
- Curds & Ale – a celebration pairing craft beer & artisan cheese (with some sweet surprises!)
- The Third Wednesday of each month is our regular social night at Map Room, one of the country’s best beer bars.
- First Thursdays – CBS hosts a homebrewers gathering on the First Thursday of each month. Traditionally these meetups take place at Goose Island Clybourn, but we sometimes take the show on the road for special “First Thursday Field Trips” to visit some of our favorite breweries in the city. Check the upcoming schedule for more information.