The Great Taste of the Midwest at Olin-Turville Park in Madison, WI is always one of the country’s best beer festivals. It’s become so popular that the limited (5000) tickets sell out WAY in advance. This year is no exception – the event was declared a sellout almost as soon as tickets went on sale in early May. But – as has been the case for many years – CBS offers its members an exclusive festival package that includes a coveted ticket to the Taste and round-trip bus transportation from either Chicago or Warrenville. Tickets were sold via a members-only mailing. Not surprisingly, these soldout in record time.
Here’s the 411 for those who have scored tickets:
- City bus departs from Goose Island Clybourn (1800 N Clybourn) at 9:30 am, returns ~9 pm
- Suburban bus departs from Rock Bottom-Warrenville (Winfield Rd & I-88) at 9:30 am, returns ~9 pm
- No smoking or glass containers on the buses
- You must be at least 21 years old to attend
- Festival tickets will be distributed on the buses
- Don’t be late for the ride home – most hotel rooms in Madison are already booked!