The Tenth Annual Brewpub Shootout is over!
There were 15 Chicago area Brewpubs invited and they served beer paired with a dish of food for more than three hundred CBS members. The awards for the CBS Brewpub Shootout are awarded based on popular vote from those members that attended the event. There are awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Favorite Beer, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Favorite Food Dish and 1st, 2nd and 3rd Favorite Overall Beer and Food Pairing.
The attendees vote and submit their ballots before the event is over and the votes are counted and awards are presented near the end of the event.
The Awards Follow:
1. Emmett’s Tavern and Brewing Company – Grilled Duck Breast with a Blackcurrant Glaze, Jasmine Rice Cake and Braised Leeks.
2. Rock Bottom – Crispy Prosciutto wrapped Shrimp atop Barley Encrusted Beef Tenderloin with Blood Orange-infused Wort Glace.
3. Gordon Biersch – New Orleans Style Marzen Barbeque Shrimp on French Bread
1. Rock Bottom – Crispy Prosciutto wrapped Shrimp atop Barley Encrusted Beef Tenderloin with Blood Orange-infused Wort Glace. Paired with American Barleywine (Yorktown).
2. Goose Island Brew Pub – Braised Beef Oxtail served on a Crustini with Bone Marrow Demi Glace. Paired with aged La Deuxieme Beligian Dubbel.
3. Emmett’s Tavern and Brewing Company– Grilled Duck Breast with a Blackcurrant Glaze, Jasmine Rice Cake and Braised Leeks. Paired with Destitute Dick’s Colonial Ale
As always, this was a superb event (and the tenth anniversary!). We wish to thank all of the Brewpubs, Brewers, Chefs and their Assistants for coming out to support this event. We also wish to thank our great members and we hope you had as much fun as we did!