Chicago Beer Society is celebrating entering our 40th year of continuously connecting great people with great beer. The Chicago Beer Society was founded in 1977 as a nonprofit educational association dedicated to the appreciation of beer. We are one of the country’s oldest, largest, and respected beer organizations. Our membership includes a diverse group of people united by a love for craft beer and the art of brewing. If you are 21 or over and share our passion, please Join us, BECOME A MEMBER NOW!
Great Beer Events
Day of the Living Ales is coming up March 4th! Tickets ON SALE NOW!
In every month, in every season of the year, CBS
offers a chance to gather with friends and experience
America’s beer renaissance head on. To put it mildly, we’ve got a lot of stuff going on.
Our regular events include:
- Chicagoland Brewpub & Microbrewery Shootout (January), the region’s premier beer and food event.
- Day of the Living Ales (March), a celebration of real ales featuring 40+ casks.
- Big Brew A chance for homebrewers to get together and brew. Outdoors, rain or shine. (Around AHA big brew date)
- Day Trip to Madison’s Great Taste of the Midwest (August), board one of two chartered buses for a splendid day at one of the country’s best beer festivals.
- Umpteenth Annual Picnic (September), featuring an amazing beer selection and hotly-contested food competitions. This is a ticketed event, open only to Chicago Beer Society members and their guests.
- Spooky Brew Review Homebrew Competition (October). Spooky 2016 (Accepting judges, stewards, and entries!)
- Fall Tasting & Dinner (November/December), held annually since 1977, the country’s oldest ongoing blind tasting where the public picks the winners.
- First Thursdays and other Social Nights: CBS (1996 AHA Homebrew Club of the Year, runner-up in 1997 and 1998) hosts a homebrewers gathering on the First Thursday of every month at Goose Island Clybourn and a club brew-in every May; the Third Wednesday is our regular social night at Map Room, one of the country’s best beer bars.